First time printing from your Apple OSX device?
To get started with printing wirelessly from your Apple OSX device, you will need to complete a one-time download of PaperCut Print Manager for Apple (click on any of the images to enlarge):
- Click here to download the PaperCut Client.
- On the next screen, you will be required to enter your NPCUID and password (click for image...).
- When asked, click 'Open' to confirm the PaperCut installer (click for image...).
- Double-click to mount the 'PaperCutInstaller.dmg' file; and then double-click the 'PaperCutInstaller' when it appears (click for image...).
- Click on the 'PCClient' package and drag it into Applications (click for image...).
- From the Applications menu, find and double-click on PCClient; then click 'Open' (click for image...).
- Sign into PaperCut using your NPCUID (click for image...).
- For later ease of use, 'right-click' on the PaperCut icon that is now visible on your dock and select the 'Keep in Dock' option (click for image...).
- Finally, remove the installer files and disk image by clicking on the Finder icon (1) and then clicking the 'eject' symbol next to 'PaperCut.' When this is complete, you can click and drag the 'PaperCutInstaller.dmg' file to the Trash (click for image...).
- The installation process is now fully complete!
Need to add a printer?
If this is your first time printing wirelessly from your laptop or your first time printing to a particular printer, you will need to install the printer you want to use on your computer (if you open an image, click on it to enlarge):
- Click on the Apple icon to open the system menu and then select 'System Preferences' (click for image...).
- Select 'Print & Scan' (click for image...).
- Click on the 'Plus' (+) sign (click for image...).
- Select the desired printer and then click 'Add.' Please note: if a location has two options, it means the lab has both black and white and color printing. For black and white printing, select the printer with 'LJ' in its name; for color printing, select the printer with 'CLJ' in its name (click for image...).
- The printer has now been added and can be selected during the printing process
If you have already completed everything in the “Getting Started” section, above, you can follow the steps, below, to begin printing (if you open an image, click on it to enlarge).
1. Click on the print menu (or type 'command + P') for the document or file you wish to print and select one of the SUNY New Paltz wireless printers you have installed on your computer; then click 'Print' (click for image...).
2. You will receive a message that your print job has been placed in the queue; once you see this message you will need to release the job through PaperCut (click for image...).Click here to open PaperCut or cut and paste print.newpaltz.edu into a new tab in your browser (if you are asked to confirm the security certificate for Papercut, click ‘yes’ or ‘Proceed.’).
4. Log in to PaperCut with your NPCUID and password (click for image...).
5. In PaperCut, first select 'Jobs Pending Release' and then click 'Release All' to print all jobs waiting in the queue. Please note, on this screen you can also cancel individual jobs before clicking 'Release All' (click for image...).