Job Description: Student Help Desk Assistants provide the first point of contact for students seeking technical assistance with computing, printing, and network issues. They serve as members of the Academic Computing Team by providing technical support in person, over the phone, and through e-mail.
Requirements: Current student able to work a minimum of 6 hours and a maximum of 20 hours per week including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Broad knowledge of Windows 98/Me/2000/XP, and familiarity with Macintosh OS 9.2 and X and/or Linux Operating Systems, application software (e.g. office suites, graphics and/or web publishing, antivirus, etc.) and utilities; and, PC desktop/laptop hardware and peripherals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of campus computing systems (academic network, zmail, Blackboard, my newpaltz, ResNet and library) and web content (from the usersâ€™ viewpoint), and Computer Services/Academic Computing procedures and resources.
- Ability to systematically investigate and resolve complex hardware, software and network connectivity issues using appropriate operating system and network troubleshooting tools.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; superior communications skills needed to exercise all helpdesk activities with minimal supervision, refine and document procedures, and participate in training Helpdesk Assistants.
- Resourceful at managing changing workload; patient, courteous and professional in stressful situations.
Contact: Dan Timperio, firstname.lastname@example.org