Students, Faculty, and Staff can make their own pages on NewPaltz.edu!
There are three steps to creating a web page at SUNY New Paltz.
- Request a “Shell Account” on shell.newpaltz.edu, which is our server for personal web pages.
What does that mean?
All you need to do is this:
- Login to your my.newpaltz.edu
- Click the “Student Services” or “Faculty/Staff Services” tab
- Click on Sign Up For Web Space, under the Computer Services Heading
- Click Request Shell Account
- Create your web page with your favorite web editor.
Any page on the New Paltz site should also follow guidlines which are posted here:
New Paltz Web Guidelines
- To copy / upload your web site (HTML, images, PDFs or other files) to the webserver (shell.newpaltz.edu), use an FTP program such as WinSCP.
How do I do that?