SUNY New Paltz supports the use of wired and wireless devices across campus and the information in this section will help you get your devices connected properly. All users connecting to a SUNY New Paltz network assume responsibility for proper use of their devices, including adherence to all DMCA laws for proper use of copyrighted materials.
SUNY New Paltz User ID and Password Information
All students are assigned a New Paltz Computer User ID (NPCUID); your NPCUID consists of up to the first seven characters of your last name, the first character of your first name plus a digit assigned by computer services (NOTE: some students will continue to use their BannerID for a username). Your NPCUID is required in order to access a variety of SUNY New Paltz computer services, including:
- Campus email (Hawkmail or Outlook)
- Computer Lab Login
- Printing and Wireless Printing
- Blackboard (Course Management System)
- Off-campus Library Database Access (including films on demand)
- Wired and Wireless Authentication for your devices
- Terminal Server
Alumni: click the following link to fill out a reset form.
The self-service tool will only work if:
- we have an valid, external email address (i.e. a non-“newpaltz.edu” email address) on file for you
- AND you have already set up a “security question” so we can verify your identity
If either or both of the above criteria are not met and you are unable to use the self-service tool, please contact the Service Desk:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 845-257-HELP (4357)
- Connect your device to the network
- Print wirelessly with your laptop, tablet, or smartphone
- Guests can register for limited wireless guest access. Follow these instructions.