The Residence Hall Network (“ResNet“) provides an ethernet based network connection in every residential dorm room. This network connection provides access to the campus network and the internet at speeds comparable to home broadband connections.
This service is available to all resident students who have a personal computer or game console equipped with an appropriate network interface and is funded through a fee in your Room Rent.
Reporting Problems and Support
If you have a problem with your computer being unable to use the ResNet service you are encouraged to report such issues through our online ticketing system. On this page you will be able to fill out a problem report and/or consult the Academic Computer Help Desk knowledge base for troubleshooting advice. You can also contact the Academic Computer Help Desk by phone at 845-257-3597 (x3597) or you may bring laptops and other portable devices to the Academic Computer Help Desk office in Humanities 103.
Student ResNet Connection Information
In order to use ResNet you will need a computer or device that has an ethernet adapter and meets the system minimum requirements.
- Please Note: Ethernet cables and Ethernet cards for desktop PCs (in PCIform) are available for loan from the Academic Computing Help Desk. The Academic Computing Help Desk is located in Humanities 103. (Ethernet adapters for laptop computers are not currently available.)
Student ResNet Responsibilities
As a student ResNet participant you are responsible for the following:
- Understanding and following the ResNet Participants Agreement
- Understanding and following the SUNY New Paltz DMCA (Digitial Millennium Copyright Act) policy.
- Protecting your computer from viruses and spyware using this free Symantec Antivirus download.
- Ensuring the security of your own personal information on your computer (see our Safe Computing guidelines).